\http://www.fotopedia.com/en/2010_Haiti_earthquake
The destruction caused by a recent earthquake.
1.How did you feel when playing the game?
I felt really frustrated. I tried my best to make the life better but the situation kept on getting worse. I was really sorry for them, I tried to give them at least medicine but I ran out of money.
2. Summarize the game.
The family in Haiti are trying to live a better life. The people are living in poverty, struggling every day to stay healthy, keep out of debt, and get educated
3. Which ‘primary objective’ did you choose, and justify your choice.
I chose money. I actually think that health if the most important thing, but in order to stay healthy, you will need to go to hospital and to get treatments you will need money. Also if you have money, you can pay for education and therefore you can have a much better life.
4. What types of decisions did you have to make about your family members while playing the game and trying to achieve your objective?
I made them work hard on their businesses to make a better profit but they eventually got sick. To prevent them from dying I had to stop them from working and made them rest or go to clinic.
5. What strategies did you use? For example, did you combine work and school, or did you send anyone to school? Which worked? Which did not?
I sent people to the clinic for them to get better and get back to work. This worked because they could again go to work for money. What didn't work was making them rest in the house when they got sick, they never got better, their illness got worse and had to go to clinic eventually.
6. What obstacles did you face in trying to keep the children in school?
I ran out of money and could not give them anymore educations. Also they got sick and could not continue their study.
7. Why is access to education a huge challenge as LEDC’s try to develop?
Accesses to education is a big challenge for LEDS’s trying to develop because they don’t have enough money. Even keeping themselves healthy is hard for them, they won’t even get a chance to pay for the education.
8. Why is it vital to a country’s development to educate its people – especially women?
It is important for a country to educate its people for development because people will get a better job, a job that can give them much more profit. It is especially important for women because not many women are getting educated in LECD countries. If they get educated also, they can do things that many of us could not do. We don’t know if they can work better than we do. Right now we have to increase the chances for women to learn.
9. Think about where you are from. How does the educational situation compare? Explain the differences.
In my country, South Korea, basically almost all of the people go to school for education. Both girls and boys, they even graduate from the colleges and while they do that, they have enough money to buy food for ourselves, buy a place to live, and stay healthy. There is too much gap between Haiti and my country. It is a very sad thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment