Thursday, September 16, 2010

Global Issuses Project

 
  Today is Sept. 21st, the Peace Day. Since we are the Global Issues, we decided to do a classroom project on Peace Day. Last week, we had an assembly to promote peace, we did dancing, gave speech, and many other things. Today we baked cookies and sold them, made people do the commitment on Peace One Day website, do face painting, filmed ourselves, took pictures based on peace, and made donations.

In the assembly, we had no mistakes on giving speeches and were able to clearly explain why Peace was important. We also made them remember Peace Day well by dancing. We couldn't cooperate well when we had to face down but it was alright. Sometimes, I could see people dancing wrong, but it went okay since we didn't have enough time to practice. People listened carefully to our speech and enjoyed our dance. They took the Peace Day seriously and I could tell that when we were having 1 minute of silence. Our whole point was to make people know about the Peace Day and people became aware of it. I'm happy with our assembly.

 Our skills today, were amazing, we all worked together and made a project that could entertain others. We actually made them do this thing! ( some we forced them to do it ).  Therefore, people's response to our project was very good. When they were in our class I could hear all laughter and chats going on. I was supposed to do the face painting and force people to make commitment on the Peace One Day website. People came to me and ordered(?) me to draw peace sign on their faces, then I made people who did the face painting, make the commitment.The atmosphere was perfect, it was like they were enjoying this Peace Day themselves. The most important thing was that they now know when the Peace Day is, know the importance of it, and know how to celebrate it. We had no problems with this project and I wish we can do it again next year.

By selling the cookies, we made 611RM profit (which is $185) in 40 minutes!!! With this money we will buy the T-shirts for the Cambodia marathon team( teachers). They will run for the aids victims and landmine victims. I feel good to help the marathon team. I was surprised how much money we could make but in the other hand, I was disappointed that we had over half of the cookies were left.

No comments:

Post a Comment